Friday, January 9, 2015

2015 Care Package to Kalskag


Care Package Needs in Kalskag:


Shelly Blocker
P.O. Box 68
Kalskag, AK 99607

Most things can be sent in a Flat rate priority box or other boxes parcel post (it gets here close to the same as priority because it has to be flown in)

Here are a few suggestions – maybe you can think of other things to add

Ministry Needs 
  • Coffee
  • Coffee filters
  • Creamer (flavored small containers, or powder. Hazelnut or French Vanilla seems to be a favorite)
  • Herbal Tea
  • Hot Cocoa
  • Raw sugar packets
  • Cookies
  • Wrapped candies (salt water taffy, mini snack size, like hershey’s or choc. Kisses etc, my personal favorites are mint kisses)
  • Small paper plates or pretty napkins or holiday napkins
  • Fruit snacks
  • Nuts (cashews or almonds are a favorite)
  • Goldfish cracker packets
  • Saltine Crackers
  • Ritz crackers
  • Microwave popcorn
  • Crystal Light
  • Brownie mix
  • Cake mixes & frosting
  • Did I mention Coffee?
  • Bible I can give out if needed
  • Tracts
  • Composition notebooks (to use for journals that I can give away)
  • Knit gloves or socks I can give away or knit hats – there is no place to buy these things in the village
  • Lip balm
  • Oh, yea, coffee (everyone drinks it around here and they believe they will convert me! At least I can have it for them.  I’ll stick with hot cocoa, tea or sugar free cider packets)

Office supplies
  • List paper
  • Pens
  • Copy paper to put in printer
  • Staples
  • Batteries, AAA, AA, D, C
  • Sticky note pads

 Cleaning supplies or bathroom supplies
  • Lysol
  • Hand Sanitizer
  • Hand wipes or disinfectant wipes
  • Paper towels
  • Toilet paper (even if you stuff in 1 roll into the box for packing)
  • Hand soap (I like Bath & body Works anti-bacterial hand soaps and hand sanitizer)
  • Nice smelling lotion
  • Shower gel
  • Shaving gel
  • Razors
  • Deodorant – secret unscented solid
  • Toothpaste – aqua fresh whitener
  • Floss tape
  • Airborne
  • Zicam dissolvable tablets (orange)
  • Band-Aids
 

Consumable Food Supplies
  • Tomato Paste/Sauce
  • Spaghetti Sauce
  • Noodles
  • Seasoning packets: taco, Italian, fried rice, burrito, enchilada, other seasonings for rice dishes, sloppy joe, shake & bake, gravy, active yeast, chili mix
  • Jello or pudding boxes
  • Mac & cheese box
  • Bisquick mix
  • Muffin mix (just add water may be best)
  • Pizza crust mix
  • Dry soup mixes (Like Bear Creek or similar)
  • Chex snack mix
  • Chewy granola bars
  • Trail mix/fruit & nut mix
  • Vitamin C
  • Gummi multi vitamins
  • Dinner in a box: Send a dinner & desert I can make (probably non-perishable items, I can find meat, eggs or other perishable things here). 
We have a potluck every Sunday after church, so ideas and recipes and basic ingredients to share a meat-less side. Ground beef is $8/lb.  Other people bring the moose roasts, salmon or beaver meat dishes

 

Other ideas

  • Your Pastor’s Sermon recording on CD’s or mp3’s on cd
  • Amazon gift cards or online credit (I can order just about anything and get free shipping)
  • Music: I love Jesus culture or contemporary Christian, or a CD of your worship service
  • Scentsy wax (I lean toward flowery smells or cooking smells like cinnamon rolls although I like the DUKE scent)
  • A good book you may have read lately (obviously can be used)
  • List of websites or blogs you like (I don’t have time to research)
  • Twin sheets (I have a purple comforter)
  • Full Sheets for my futon
  • Letters & encouraging notes, even a newspaper to keep up on what is going on outside
  • LED light in case power goes out

Monetary Support
  • A monetary gift can be sent to Calvary Mission, PO Box 99, Kalskag, AK  99607 to be used for fuel oil ($6.25 per gallon and I have two 55 gallon drums) or toward my rent.  Just make a note that it is for Shelly Blocker. The church phone is 907-471-2327, ask for Pastor Mark.

  • An ongoing monthly support can be sent directly to me at the address above or deposited into my bank account (WSECU or MVFCU or Alaska USA). Contact me for details.  I don't get any paychecks during the summer months so I need to raise my own support in June, July & August.
Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment