Sunday, August 30, 2015

Leaving Kalskag

KALSKAG friends:
So BUM! I won't be able to come back to Kalskag this fall. God is moving me on to something else.  I have learned so much from my friends, the kids and the Elders. I've enjoyed teaching Head Start for a few years. With the Lord's help, I brought in coats, boots, clothing, and many other things for the community. I was blessed to host two Elder feeds and the HUGE undertaking of Christmas in Kalskag, where over 200 families across the U.S. provided gifts for the children/teens. We even landed on KTUU Channel 2 News! Over the years, I've had the privilege of helping families get their lights on and provide wood for heat, helped with taxes and getting job training or a GED. We laughed together and cried and hugged each other. At Calvary Mission I've lead Coffee with Jesus Bible Study, held kids club & VBS, ministered in services and of course, prayed for our communities daily. I am very sad to not be able to return to my home and community but I know God is doing this for His glory and my good (Romans 8:28). The Kuspuk school district started a preschool and evicted head start out of the school. Head start was unable to secure a building for a center based program. Head start had been serving the communities of Kalskag & Lower Kalskag for over 20 years. I pray the Lord will allow me to return soon. I will truly miss you all. I am forever changed by the love you showed me.
Love, Sayak ~ Shelly

My activities in and around Kalskag

The Elder Dinner and gifts

My little friends in Head Start!

My Church and Bible Study friends

Calvary Mission is where most of the ministry took place with Pastor Mark Ausdahl.


My special friends in Kalskag
Christmas in Kalskag


Even though the temps drop God has given me a promise and reminds me by a
double rainbow over my house... and we can still dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment