Sunday, August 12, 2012

First Contact

“Hello, Shelly Blocker?  This is Sophia Hanagin from Bethel. 
I just received your application for employment.  With your credentials and experience, ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!   ARE YOU FOR REAL?   YOU WANT TO COME TO KALSKAG…..WHY?”

“No, yes and yes, Sophia, because I just returned from Kalskag a few days ago.  I went to meet the people of the Village, help in the church and pick berries.  I enjoyed my time and want to return to the Village to teach children.”

“Oh, (long awkward pause), we will need to interview you.  We can do this over the phone.  Will next Monday at 3:00 work?”

“Yes, that will work for me.  Thank you!” 

I hope I didn’t sound too excited so as to blow this cover before I even start my mission, Chief.

(Names have been changed to protect the innocent).

No comments:

Post a Comment